PB1 Legend Error

admin
Site Admin

PB1 Legend Error

Unread post by admin »

During testing it was found that the latest batch of PCB's have an error on the legend for the two pin headers with the output of the voltage regulators. The legend for the 3.3V output is swapped with the Vin legend. The polarity indicators are all correct.

Since we found the problem we stopped populating the two pins that make the raw input voltage available. We also mark the legend in black ink but the marking sometimes does not survive the flux removal process and I'm pretty sure we shipped a few without markings.

The PCB will be fixed for the next batch of boards but we have a lot of these boards in stock and they are quite expensive so I would prefer not to scrap them for such a small mistake. I'm working on finding a solution that will cost less than scrapping 250+ boards. I will take a photograph of the affected area and post it under the Download tab of the PB1.
buck

Re: PB1 Legend Error

Unread post by buck »

I noticed on the board I receved that the area is not blocked out and the 3v and gnd pin are unpopulated, Does this mean that the Vin and gnd whitch are populated are ok?
admin
Site Admin

Re: PB1 Legend Error

Unread post by admin »

I noticed on the board I receved that the area is not blocked out and the 3v and gnd pin are unpopulated, Does this mean that the Vin and gnd whitch are populated are ok?
This is an uncorrected board. The Vin, Gnd that is populated is the output of the 3.3V regulator. The unpopulated position is Vin, Gnd.

Daniel