"New" EzSBC1 module & Macs

Janke

"New" EzSBC1 module & Macs

Unread post by Janke »

The "new" version of EzSBC1 has a slightly different login procedure than the old one, when using the Mac OSX Terminal Screen command.
This command connects to the new board:

screen /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART 57600 cs8, ixon, ixoff

(there is no serial number, as with the old boards - thus, the same command works for all boards of the "new" type).

Note that the SiLabs UART driver has to be installed first, look for it here:
https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers
(Note: Check version compatibility and use the "Legacy" driver for older MAC OS's)

"Old" type boards connect with this Terminal command:
screen /dev/tty.usbserial-serial# 57600, cs8, ixon, ixoff
The serial# of one board of mine is A601TIGQ - different for all boards, it resides in the UART chip. I keep a list of serial numbers handy if I need to re-program a gadget.
OTOH, you can get the serial# of a connected board with this simple Terminal command: ls /dev/tty.usb*

PS:
I have encountered a problem uploading long Basic listings to the EzSBC: in OSX 10.12 Sierra the uploading breaks off after 512 characters (but not in OSX 10.6).
Since the screen command version is the same in both OS versions, and the problem also exists with the old board and the FTDI UART driver in OSX 10.12, I surmise that it must have something to do with the OS itself. My recourse is to use OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for the uploading of Basic code to all EzSBC boards.

Someone proficient in coding should be able to fix this problem, which probably is due to xon/xoff handling... Any suggestions appreciated!

(There is a workaround: by using "Paste slowly" in the iTerm app, the uploading does not break, but it takes several times longer to upload a long listing...)