TX data to another remote EzSBC1 with 1 pin...

RBSe

TX data to another remote EzSBC1 with 1 pin...

Unread post by RBSe »

Greetings,

I have a need to send a <string$> to another EzSBC1 in a remote location in the building. This can be done using 1 output pin using "Manchester Coding" and a 433 Mhz RF link pair (for $4.90). What I need is 2 subroutines, 1 to transmit a <string$> and 1 to receive a <string$> on the other EzSBC1 using "Manchester Coding". The baud rate is not an issue, whatever works in Control BASIC.

Thanks for your help Daniel.

Robert
Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.

Clifford Stoll
Daniel

Re: TX data to another remote EzSBC1 with 1 pin...

Unread post by Daniel »

Hi

This requires some thinking. Can I use coding which is easier to decode? but similar to Manchester code? Manchester coding is hard to decode without hardware assistance. Specifically I'm thinking of the code used by these parts : http://www.holtek.com/pdf/consumer/2_12ev120.pdf as described on p6. It looks like Manchester (sort of) but the decoding is easy in a micro and very tolerant to timing variation. It works well over radio and IR links. I'll code this up once I have power at my work bench.

Daniel
RBSe

Re: TX data to another remote EzSBC1 with 1 pin...

Unread post by RBSe »

Hi Daniel,

I reviewed the docs at ...::: Address/Data bit waveform for the HT12A on page 6.
That code sequence will work fine, as long as it is generic subroutines.
I want to be able to use it on my other controllers, even if the baud rate is very low.
Out of my 3 controllers they all have strengths I need to share with the other controllers.
These subroutines you make will go a long way in helping accomplish the above for me and others.

Thanks again for your help Daniel.

Standing by for your reply...

Robert
Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.

Clifford Stoll