A to D converter similar to the LS2?

tbird635

A to D converter similar to the LS2?

Unread post by tbird635 »

I see ezsbc sells the Digital to Analog converter LS2 .
The LS2 is designed for converting digital signals and does not work with analog signals.
I see from my research that the A to D converter on the ESP32 is not quite linear and will only accept a max of 3v. I was thinking of using the ESP32 for logging and displaying a graph of 5v input signals.

Since the A to D functions of the esp32 are not great, Does anyone know of anyone who sells an analog to digital converter with around 12 bit resolution and is 5 or 12v input tolerant? Maybe even i2c?

Sort of looking for a LS2 for 5v to 12v analog signals.
Thanks
Daniel

Re: A to D converter similar to the LS2?

Unread post by Daniel »

For single channel conversions I like the MCP3221 because it does what it says on the datasheet. No surprises. You can scale the input with a resistor divider and the resistor values don't have to be particularly low in order for the converter to still work correctly.

For more channels I like the ADS1015 because its available from two suppliers, at least. It also works as advertised and because it has the amplifier in the package it is also less sensitive to the resistor values than parts without a buffer or PGA.

Daniel
tbird635

Re: A to D converter similar to the LS2?

Unread post by tbird635 »

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!